The regional state institution "The Tourism Agency of the Ulyanovsk Region" was established in 2016 on the basis of the Ulyanovsk Regional Resource Center for Tourism and Service Development, which was established at the end of 2010.
The goals of the Agency are:
- development of tourism and service infrastructure, as well as small business in the tourism sector of the Ulyanovsk region;
- creation of the mechanism of public-private partnership in the sphere of tourism and services in the Ulyanovsk region.
The main tasks of the Agency are:
- the implementation of activities aimed at the development of tourism in the Ulyanovsk region;
- improving the quality of services of the subjects of the tourist industry of the Ulyanovsk region;
- promotion of services of the subjects of the tourist industry of the Ulyanovsk region on the external and internal tourist market;
- expansion of interregional relations in the sphere of tourism.
One of the priority directions of the institution is work to improve the investment climate in the tourism sector. In the region, a working mechanism of public-private partnership has been created, the essence of which is that through the system of regional and municipal target programs we allocate tasks for the creation and promotion of tourist facilities between the executive authorities and private investors.